Muottas Muragl Sledge Run
High speeds and hairpin bends: the sledge run promises unforgettable thrills.
The Muottas Muragl toboggan run is closed.
Due to the warm temperatures, which slowly melted the south-facing toboggan run, and the planning uncertainty in the current Covid 19 situation, the winter season on Muottas Muragl was closed on Sunday, 14 March 2021.
20 CURVES, 4.2 KILOMETRES LONG, 718 METRES IN ALTITUDE
There’s a crunching sound in the air around the pines and larches dusted with snow: it comes from the braking manoeuvres that the tobogganists make when a curve gets too tight. The best thing to do then is to lift up the front of the toboggan, dig the ends of the runners into the snow, and take another running jump onto the sledge, so that it can pick up enough speed for the long straights.
There are 20 curves in all on the fastest of all the region’s toboggan runs; a vertical drop of 718 metres (2,355ft) over 4.2 kilometres (2.6 miles) guarantees plenty of action.
Important: The toboggan run is bristled with difficult curves and long, fast straights. Therefore the following rules of conduct and safety instructions need to be observed:
- small children are not permitted to use the toboggan run
- no dogs allowed on the toboggan run
- helmets are strongly recommended
- wear suitable winter clothing and sturdy high shoes with a good grip (no ski boots)
- show due consideration towards other tobogganists
- adjust your speed to both your ability level and the prevailing conditions
- ride in a sitting (not lying) position and do not tie toboggans together
- only stop at the specially designated areas
- plastic or racing toboggans/skeleton sleds/bobsleds are forbidden
- in case of an accident, immediately inform the SOS service at the valley station: +41 81 839 80 40
|Toboggan hire at the valley station*
1 day (Deposit: CHF 50 or ID)
|Half-day Pass (from 11:45 am)||42.00||28.00||14.00|
*No toboggan reservations in advance.
SBB GA travelcards, Half-Fare travelcards, Reka-Checks and Reka-Cards are not accepted at the Engadin St. Moritz Mountains AG ticket offices (Corviglia, Muottas Muragl).
Adults (18+), Youth (13-17), Children (6-12)
Opening hours: The toboggan run is open daily from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm (depending on snow conditions from December to March).