Full moon sledging on Muottas Muragl
28.01.2020 | 26.02.2020 | Muottas Muragl
On 28 January and 26 February 2020, the Muottas Muragl sledge run will also be open on the evening. Rent sleds and buy tickets at the valley station from 6 pm onwards. This high-speed moonlit winter adventure takes place from 7 pm to 9.30 pm.
The Muottas Muragl Panorama Restaurant is open throughout the evening.
|Sledge rental from||6 pm|
|First ascent for night sledders||6.15 pm|
|Toboggan run opens at||7 pm|
|Last ascent for night sledders||9.15 pm|
Prices and Sledge Rental
(all Prices in CHF)
|Night sledging (incl. railway ticket)*||15||10||5|
*Ski passes and season passes are not valid.
**Deposit: CHF 50 or ID. No toboggan reservations in advance.
Adults (18+), Youth (13-17), Children (6-12)
The tickets are available at the valley station of the Muottas Muragl Railway. SBB GA travelcards, Half-Fare travelcards, Reka-Checks and Reka-Cards are not accepted.
We reserve the right, for safety reasons, to cancel the night sledding depending on weather and snow conditions. If the event is cancelled, we will notify you at 12 noon on this site.
The toboggan run is not floodlit, and its lower section passes through a dense forest. So a headlamp is compulsory for night sledding and must be shown at the starting arch.
Rules of conduct and safety instructions
The toboggan run is bristled with difficult curves and long, fast straights. Therefore the following rules of conduct and safety instructions need to be observed:
- small children are not permitted to use the toboggan run
- helmets are strongly recommended
- wear suitable winter clothing and sturdy high shoes with a good grip (no ski boots)
- show due consideration towards other tobogganists
- adjust your speed to both your ability level and the prevailing conditions
- ride in a sitting (not lying) position and do not tie toboggans together
- only stop at the specially designated areas
- plastic or racing toboggans / skeleton sleds/bobsleds are forbidden
- in the event of an accident, please immediately inform the SOS service at the valley station: +41 81 839 80 40