Information on the Coronavirus
Here you will learn everything important about the impact of the coronavirus on our offer and our guests as well as the security measures applying.
For mountain railways, the regulations apply in principle as for public transport.
Please observe the following measures when using our mountain railways:
Wearing a mouth-nose protection (MNS) is compulsory on all indoor cable cars; guests must bring this face protection themselves.
For transport in closed vehicles (capacity > 25 persons) there is a limit of 70 percent of the transport capacity. There is no limit for the cable car.
MNS is also mandatory in all indoor waiting areas.
The hygiene rules of the FOPH must be observed (hand washing, disinfectants, frequent cleaning of contact surfaces, etc.).
The obligation to wear MNS applies to persons aged 12 and over, as in the whole of Switzerland.
Further information on the measures taken by the mountain railways can be found here.
Sanctions for non-compliance
We do everything we can to guarantee the safety of our guests and staff. However, the safety concept only works if everyone adheres to the measures.
- Anyone who does not comply with the prescribed safety measures, such as wearing a mouth-nose protection, must expect sanctions. Visitors who do not adhere to the measures according to the protection concept despite repeated reminders will be turned away by the mountain railways.
- Persons suffering from covid-19 or showing symptoms of covid-19 may not be admitted according to the regulations of the Federal Council. Self-declaration and personal responsibility apply. Guests with obvious symptoms will not be admitted.
- We recommend installing the SwissCovid app.
Gastronomy and hotel businesses
In order to protect our guests and employees, the Engadin St. Moritz Mountains AG catering and hotel businesses apply the protection concept of the Swiss Hotel and Catering Industry Association GastroSuisse, which provides for the following measures:
- There is no certificate requirement for overnight stays only.
- For restaurants there is a 2G Covid certificate obligation as well as a seating obligation during consumption.
- Wearing a mouth-nose protection is mandatory in all indoor areas. A 2G certificate requirement applies to consumption.
- The 2G Covid certificate is mandatory in all indoor catering areas.
- Mouth and nose protection is mandatory in all indoor areas and seating is compulsory during consumption. Mouth-nose protection can be removed at the seating area.
- Events: Please note that some of our events are held with 2G+. You will find the relevant information directly with the respective event on the website. Please inform yourself in advance about the corresponding certificate obligation.
Outdoor gastronomy areas (terraces)
- In outdoor areas (terraces) no certificate obligation applies.
- A minimum distance of 1.5 metres must be maintained between groups of guests.
- No mask requirement applies in outdoor catering areas.
You can find the GastroSuisse sector protection concept here. And here you can find the FAQ on the extension of the certificate obligation.
Below you will find useful links with information on the current situation in the Engadine. Further information and a FAQ with the most important questions and answers about summer operations in 2021 will follow shortly.